Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-29 23:04:29

Hi Tinko,

> On May 28, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Tinko Bartels via Geometry <geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I'm the author of that particular feature. I created the PR very late, so I'm at fault for it not being integrated yet. You can get the code here: https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/684. If you checkout that particular branch from my fork you can already use it from the extensions and if you use it and encounter any problems, please let me know, so I can fix them in advance of the PR review.

Thanks again. I got your pull request downloaded and could compile the example to produce the figure you have on the web page. This looks great, although I’ll have to sort out how to use it for “real” work, i.e., better understand the API. Do you have any docs built anywhere, or just what is in the repo? Can any point type be used? Must it have floating point coordinates? (Boost.Polygon uses integer types, hence the question.)

For my application, I will need to deal with the infinite edges of the Voronoi tessellation by clipping them to some envelope. Do you have a good way to do that, i.e., to turn the infinitely large “edge” polygons into finitely sized ones whose outer edges create a box?

By the way, I also found the uniform_point_distribution among the other pull requests, but haven’t tried it yet. Sorry to bother you about that one, although I’m still interested in its integration status.

Thanks again for working on this.

Cheers,
Brook

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net