Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] Re: Welcome to the "glas" mailing list

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 11:39:23

Guntram Berti wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:11:10PM +0100, Toon Knapen wrote:
>
>>David Abrahams wrote:
>>| If we can just agree that you will grant membership to any boost
>>| participant/reader who asks, that's enough for me.
>>
>>I'm OK with that if that is OK for everybody. If anyone objects, let me
>>know by wednesday 15 dec. 2004. OK ?
>

> This would essentially be the same as making the list open to anyone interested
> (assuming that anyone can become a boost member).
> We have no objections to that, given the current scope of the list.

OK. Good to know that. However some people have some concerns about this
so I'm trying to contact some by phone to discuss the issue in detail.

> However, if things eventually should lead to say a EU funded project
> (as we discussed initially) we would probably want to have discussions
> related to that on a separate closed list.

I totally agree.
BTW, I just received a mail regarding FET (in attachment).

PS: I plan to start the initial technical discussions next week. I
reckon that by next week these initial organisational questions will be
answered.

toon

attached mail follows:

Dear Sir or Madam,

A 4th CALL IST FET INFODAY will be held in Brussels on 13 January 2004, to
help building up the constituency potentially interested in applying to this
call (closing on 22 March 2005), in particular in the three proactive
initiatives which are now open:

SITUATED AND AUTONOMIC COMMUNICATIONS,
http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/comms.htm
<http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/comms.htm>
PRESENCE AND INTERACTION IN MIXED REALITY ENVIRONMENTS,
http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/pr.htm <http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/pr.htm>
ADVANCED COMPUTING ARCHITECTURES, http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/aca.htm
<http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/aca.htm>

You will have an opportunity to present your research ideas and the
expertise you offer or look for, to other people interested in participating
in this call. For this you can submit (by 7 January to
melanie.eckern_at_[hidden]) a very short (1-2 slides max.) presentation,
which will also be published on our website after the event. Details and
registration on http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/ie-jan05.htm
<http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/ie-jan05.htm>

We look forward to your participation!

Fabrizio Sestini
FET - Future and Emerging Technologies
<http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/home.html
<http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/home.html> >
IST (Information Society Technologies) programme
DG Information Society, European Commission