Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Phoenix3 at BoostCon? (Fwd: [CfP] 5th Annual BoostCon, Aspen (CO, USA), May 15-20, 2011)
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-16 20:35:12

On 10/17/2010 2:42 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 10/16/2010 7:51 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>> Please distribute.
>> ------------------
>>
>> 5TH ANNUAL BOOST CONFERENCE 2011
>> Aspen CO, USA, May 15 - 20, 2011, www.boostcon.com
>>
>> CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
> <snip>
>
> IMO, Phoenix3 is one of the most important Boost development over the
> past year. There should unquestionably be a presentation at BoostCon
> about it. I think I'll go, and would at the very least like to help. Is
> anybody else going, and are they interested in collaborating?
>
> There is obviously lots to talk about. Choosing a direction would be
> tough, but I think it should focus the things that are new in v3 over
> v2. I think an end-user-centric talk would be more valuable than a talk
> about implementation details (despite how much fun it would be to give
> such a talk). So I'm thinking about a talk on AST manipulation a-la
> Scheme macros. There is evidence that there is already excitement about
> this topic.[*] Thoughts?

This is definitely a very good idea. There hasn't been any talks on
lambda nor phoenix yet. I'm not sure I could come this time around,
but I'm definitely interested in helping out on the talk structure.
Even if we focus on the end-user, the scope is still very broad.
How basic would it be? Would it start as a tutorial on lambda
expressions, going through phoenix-esque extensions, then advance
to more advanced subjects like AST manipulation a-la Scheme macros?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com