Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: [proto] Phoenix3 at BoostCon? (Fwd: [CfP] 5th Annual BoostCon, Aspen (CO, USA), May 15-20, 2011)
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-16 14:42:46

On 10/16/2010 7:51 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Please distribute.
> ------------------
>
> 5TH ANNUAL BOOST CONFERENCE 2011
> Aspen CO, USA, May 15 - 20, 2011, www.boostcon.com
>
> CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
<snip>

IMO, Phoenix3 is one of the most important Boost development over the
past year. There should unquestionably be a presentation at BoostCon
about it. I think I'll go, and would at the very least like to help. Is
anybody else going, and are they interested in collaborating?

There is obviously lots to talk about. Choosing a direction would be
tough, but I think it should focus the things that are new in v3 over
v2. I think an end-user-centric talk would be more valuable than a talk
about implementation details (despite how much fun it would be to give
such a talk). So I'm thinking about a talk on AST manipulation a-la
Scheme macros. There is evidence that there is already excitement about
this topic.[*] Thoughts?

[*] http://cplusplus-soup.com/2010/07/23/lisp-macro-capability-in-c/

--
Eric Niebler