Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Visitor Design Pattern
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-24 05:53:03

On 10/24/2010 5:10 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Joel de Guzman
> <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 10/24/2010 1:16 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>>>
>>> Now, what to call the traveral/algorithm/action/on thingy. None of those
>>> feel right. Maybe if I describe in words what it does, someone can come
>>> up with a good name. Given a Proto grammar that has been built with
>>> named rules, and a set of actions that can be indexed with those rules,
>>> it creates a Proto algorithm. The traversal is fixed, the actions can
>>> float. It's called<insert good name here>.
>>
>> Actor
>>
>> std::cout<< actor<char_terminal, my_actions>()(a)<< "\n"; // printing
>> char
>>
>> :-)
>
> Cool, then we'd need some new name for phoenix, hmn?

Yeah: "lambda"

Heh, I'm too emotionally tied to the name "phoenix" but I won't mind
if it eventually becomes a sub-title for the sake of the "greater good".

> I like:
> apply
> actor
> algorithm
> traverse

Am I the only one thinking that "actor" should be more a part of proto than
phoenix? I'd love to use such a generic extension mechanism for Spirit too,
for example.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman