Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-13 06:52:50

Anthony Williams wrote:
> It seems that this is indeed the explanation --- running bjam in the threads
> build directory gives me the same errors, due to a missing #endif in
> condition.cpp.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience, I was relying on bjam to compile everything for
> me, when I built the tests, and it appears it wasn't doing everything I
> expected.
>
> I've now checked in a new condition.cpp that fixes this, and will run bjam
> directly for the threads src in future.

This make me wonder. I am doing the bjam from the root of the boost tree.

Let me summarize the steps from ground up, so anyone else trying to
compile the thread_rewrite will get same results. I am using the
anonymous user for the example.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost co -P -d
thread_rewrite boost

cd thread_rewrite/libs/thread
cvs update -dPf -r thread_rewrite
cd ../../boost/thread
cvs update -dPf -r thread_rewrite
cd ../..
bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc"

This way we are building against the HEAD of the boost sources, and this
will make it easier to merge back to HEAD once the rewrite is done.

Similar steps work on windows where I am using TortoiseCVS.

BTW.: what do you mean by "built the tests"?

Roland