Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-13 05:09:43

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams schrieb:
>> Somehow my changes to boost/thread/detail/xtime_utils.hpp didn't get
>> committed. Try again now.
>>

> Ok, I got further now, but:
>
> C:\boost_thread_rewrite\libs\thread\build\..\src\condition.cpp(376) :
> fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
>
> This seems to come from uneven #ifdef'ing out the code.
> What about my suggestion of the split includes (somewhere in a different
> post).
> Could it be that you are currently not trying to compile before you are
> commiting to
> the cvs?

I only commit to CVS when running the current boost::thread tests with bjam
passes for both VC7.1 and gcc 4.0.1 (mingw). I've been relying on bjam to
recompile everything as needed.

> I would be very glad if we could agree on the common established
> behaviour to only
> commit if the code does a clean compile at least at the developers machine.

Definitely a good idea.

> If you are doing header only, this would be an explanation, but may I
> ask you to
> try to compile also, because I will need this to work before I can
> really start off.

It seems that this is indeed the explanation --- running bjam in the threads
build directory gives me the same errors, due to a missing #endif in
condition.cpp.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was relying on bjam to compile everything for
me, when I built the tests, and it appears it wasn't doing everything I
expected.

I've now checked in a new condition.cpp that fixes this, and will run bjam
directly for the threads src in future.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams