Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-19 15:36:54

This weekend I tried to set up for a regression test for the
thread_rewrite branch. The tables can be accessed from my homepage
http://www.blackspace.at/thread_rewrite/index.htm

If you think it is useful I will try to post them more or less
regularly. Please note that the links to the cvs tree are still to HEAD
branch. I did not yet figure out if this is configurable or if I need to
hack the compiler_status tool.

Some observations:

The vc6 tests fails entirely. I do not know whether the vc6 compiler is
supported by boost anyways. I also was not able to build the test for
this compiler without tweaking the boost/status/Jamfile, so perhaps it
isn't worth the effort. (I personally still use the vc6 thread lib.)

The tests have been restricted to thread and config, the latter being
required by the process_jam_log tool. This cuts down regression run
considerably. I would appreciate if it would have been more straight
forward to split out the tests for a single library.

Currently I am not using the phyton scripts. If anyone knows if the
phyton scripts are better suited for this task, please let me know.

Only libs/thread and boost/thread are from the thread_rewrite branch,
everything else is from HEAD. This should make it easier to merge back
the lib later. (I am afraid the compiler_status tool also will not be
able to support this split setup easily.)

I am planning to add windows gcc and the free borland compiler, if wanted.

Regards,
Roland