Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-20 17:12:33

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> writes:

> This weekend I tried to set up for a regression test for the
> thread_rewrite branch. The tables can be accessed from my homepage
> http://www.blackspace.at/thread_rewrite/index.htm

Excellent, thanks.

> If you think it is useful I will try to post them more or less
> regularly. Please note that the links to the cvs tree are still to HEAD
> branch. I did not yet figure out if this is configurable or if I need to
> hack the compiler_status tool.
>
> Some observations:
>
> The vc6 tests fails entirely. I do not know whether the vc6 compiler is
> supported by boost anyways. I also was not able to build the test for
> this compiler without tweaking the boost/status/Jamfile, so perhaps it
> isn't worth the effort. (I personally still use the vc6 thread lib.)

>From the logs you posted, it seems the problem was a using declaration I added
to boost::mutex. This was redundant, so I've removed it, and hopefully all the
problems will go away.

The once failures are concerning, as I thought my implementation of that was
pretty tidy.

> I am planning to add windows gcc and the free borland compiler, if wanted.

The more, the merrier. I develop with VC7.1 and gcc on windows, but it's as
well to check that they work for someone else, too.

Thanks for doing this,

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams