Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Kai Brüning (kai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 09:33:45

Hi,

we are currently using Metrowerks' msl_thread for
some threading work in our application RagTime
and plan to switch to Boost.Thread in the near
future (msl_thread is source compatible with
Boost.Thread).

I'll ask usage questions on boost-users, but for
this question this list seems to be more
appropriate:

    Why does thread::thread wait till the thread
is started (at least in 1.33.1)?

I ask this mostly out of curiosity and to better
understand the design. The waiting must buy
something, since it has the obvious disadvantage
of making thread::thread (substantial?) slower.

I searched the archives of this list without
finding anything about this - but learned a lot
of other things anyway.

Best regards,
Kai

--
Kai Brüning
RagTime GmbH                          Tel: [49] (2103) 9657-0