Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-22 09:49:04

Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of making a boost mutex wrapper class that tracks
and reports lock-ordering problems at runtime. The tracking might be
turned on/off with a preprocessor define. I'm curious if the experts
think this is worthwhile, or something better done at another level (like
using helgrind for instance)? It would use BGL to build up a global
directed graph that has the lock ordering information. As long as the
graph remains acyclic, there should be no lock ordering problems. Each
thread would have to maintain its own list of the mutexes it currently has
locked.

--
Frank