Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 04:56:46

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> Update to latest trunk and delete bin.v2. Modify user-config.jam to have
>> mingw set up, and type
>>
>> bjam gcc-3.4.0
>>
>> substituting the appropriate version number.
>
> Hmm...
>
> Indeed my initial believe was somewhat wrong, the messages I have seen
> are actually correct. They simply indicate, that certain variants that
> are requested by boost's Jamroot are rejected. I.e. Jamroot requests
> a build of <threading>single and <threading>multi, of which (of course)
> only the second will be built. The message is somewhat surprising, but
> correct.
>
> Then I digged deeper, because I still had compilation errors:
>
> It turned out, that the DLL's are not been built, while the static
> variants are built. (I have tried this for msvc-7.1 / 8.0)
>
> It turns out, that the linker is not able to locate the thread(thread&)
> copy ctor. I understand that you have deliberately disabled it.
>
> But in self() you are trying to return a "thread" which requires
> availability of the copy ctor.
>
> Perhaps it should be defined at least for private use?

self() should use the thread(move_t<thread>) constructor as the normal
copy constructor is disabled. Somehow I checked in a version with the move
constructor marked explicit when I was updating the pthread version on
linux, which broke that call. I have removed the "explicit", and it should
now work again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anthony

--