Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 04:47:18

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Update to latest trunk and delete bin.v2. Modify user-config.jam to have
> mingw set up, and type
>
> bjam gcc-3.4.0
>
> substituting the appropriate version number.

Hmm...

Indeed my initial believe was somewhat wrong, the messages I have seen
are actually correct. They simply indicate, that certain variants that
are requested by boost's Jamroot are rejected. I.e. Jamroot requests
a build of <threading>single and <threading>multi, of which (of course)
only the second will be built. The message is somewhat surprising, but
correct.

Then I digged deeper, because I still had compilation errors:

It turned out, that the DLL's are not been built, while the static
variants are built. (I have tried this for msvc-7.1 / 8.0)

It turns out, that the linker is not able to locate the thread(thread&)
copy ctor. I understand that you have deliberately disabled it.

But in self() you are trying to return a "thread" which requires
availability of the copy ctor.

Perhaps it should be defined at least for private use?

Roland aka speedsnail