Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: William R Speirs (bill.speirs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-11 00:22:55

Hello-

I have recently taken an interest in Boost Threads and I'm curious as to
the status of things. I believe that threads are to be added to the new
C++ standard, although I don't follow the standards writing. Does that
mean that the work in the Boost library has stopped?

I also noticed on the Boost website that the ReadWrite lock/mutex stuff
is broken. Is that still the case?

I think the Boost Threads project is a very, very worthwhile one. People
are constantly writing their own wrappers around threading to make them
portable... certainly no need to reinvent the wheel. However, I know I'm
preaching to the choir.

Long story short, I'd like to help. What needs to be done? Where can I
find information about what people are working on?

I am slightly new to Boost; however, I've been programming in C++ for a
while.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. Hopefully I can help.

Bill-