Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 03:16:50

Quoting Anteru <newsgroups_at_[hidden]>:

> Anthony Williams schrieb:
>> I'm working on a new spurious-wake-prevention mechanism. I'm really
>> frustrated that this hasn't come to light until now.
>
> Thanks! Feel free to drop me a line anytime if there is something I can
> test. In the mean time, I'm reverting back to the one-line fix (more
> spurious wakeups shouldn't matter in my code).

Thanks for the offer. When I've thought this through carefully, I'll
update trunk and let you know.

> Well, for the part that this hasn't come up earlier: I was waiting for
> 1.35, as I didn't want to work against the SVN trunk (I simply don't
> have time to update Boost, recompile, recheck if my app still works
> ({x86,x64}x{debug,release}) and make sure every team member uses exactly
> the same version). I'd guess most other corporate developers are in a
> similar situation.

I'm sure you're right: there's probably an order of magnitude more
developers using it now, in many more scenarios than it's been tested
in before.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk