Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Edd Dawson (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-20 17:57:14

Hello,

A while back I put together a library[1] with the same interface as
Boost.Thread that I use for testing purposes, as it's nice to be able
to test algorithmic logic in isolation from synchronization logic.

The implementation is cooperative, rather than preemptive, written in
terms of Fibers on Windows and the <ucontext.h> functionality on POSIX
systems.

I started thinking about bringing the code up to date in order to
mirror the new 1.35 interface, when I realized that I hadn't mentioned
my library here before.

Would this cooperative version of Boost.Thread be useful for boosters
in general? Regardless, someone here may find it useful!

Kind regards,

Edd

[1] http://www.mr-edd.co.uk/?page_id=91