Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] On Linux boost threads are listed as processes
From: Łukasz Michalik (lmi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-27 19:18:45

On 11:37 2010-02-26 -0800, Neetu Garg wrote:
> In Linux Env
> * compiled and linked program statically
> * Ran the program and saw 10 processes(I created 10 threads in my program) listed when I did "ps -e".
>
> I am not sure how I am end up creating 10 process.

From pthreads(7) manual page:

 - Threads do not share process IDs. (In effect, LinuxThreads threads
   are implemented as processes which share more information than
   usual, but which do not share a common process ID.) LinuxThreads
   threads (including the manager thread) are visible as separate
   processes using ps(1).

--
Pozdrawiam,
Łukasz P. Michalik