Boost logo

Ublas :

From: emijah_s_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-08-01 06:40:39

Hello Gunter,

On Tuesday, August 1, 2006 5:10 PM, "Gunter Winkler" <guwi17_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> about the possible perfomance: If we had a fixed size matrix and a fixed
> size vector we could specialize all combinations of prod() to get
> maximal performance (but this is typically the goal of atlas and not
> ublas). I don't think we should double the work of the atlas team. Maybe
> there is an easy way to directly map the specialized prod(), axpy_prod()
> to some atlas core routines. The only thing we should do is to give the
> compiler a chance to optimize as good as possible. This can be done by
> creating lots of specializations (by a shell script) that are as simple
> as possible.

Could you please elaborate on the last part? We are using uBlas for a robotics application and the
typical size of a matrix tends to be pretty small(around 6x6 typical, 35x35 maximum). So it doesn't
really make sense to use atlas which tends to be effective for large matrices.

I'd like to try out what you mentioned to see if we can use it to boost performance a bit.

Best regards,

Hajime Saito