Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Fred (hakonbh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-21 13:29:13

Hi,

On 8/18/06, Brian Budge <brian.budge_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Why in the world are you using a sparse matrix on a 3x3? Unless you
have a very large data type (ie. not double), you'll almost definitely
see no gain from using a sparse representation, and it will be much
slower

I'm testing sparse matrix on a 3x3 because I'm developing a program to
calculate voltages in electric power systems and the matrices involved can
be 2x2, 3x3 or 100000x100000. Unfortunally, I know it's very hard to make a
program with good performance at all those magnitudes.

Thanks for the answers,

Frederico

--
UFMG, Brazil