Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Vassilis Virvilis (vasvir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-16 08:12:51

Michael Stevens wrote:
> Hello Gunter, Vassilis,
>
> On Monday, 6. November 2006 10:43, Gunter Winkler wrote:
>
>>Hallo,
>>
>>I checked the patches of Vassilis and applied them (with minor
>>modifications) on my local copy of ublas. Here is the full patch and sample
>>program.
>>
>>@Michael: please apply this to the CVS version.
>

> I have done as I was told an applied the patch! Thanks.
>
> I noticed that the line 'size_ = size' is now placed before the
> 'restrict_capacity' which would fix an existing bug. Oldly Vassilis original
> patch shows being there already and the opposite happening:
> void resize (size_type size, bool preserve = true) {
> - // FIXME preserve unimplemented
> BOOST_UBLAS_CHECK (!preserve, internal_logic ());
> - size_ = size;
> capacity_ = restrict_capacity (capacity_);
> - index_data_. resize (capacity_);
> - value_data_. resize (capacity_);
> - filled_ = 0;
> + size_ = size;
>
> Not sure if there was a version problem there?

I was using the CVS boost service located at
:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/numeric/ublas
The Boost there has version number 1.35 which is weird since my Debian unstable has 1.33
and looks like the next stable rtelease will be 1.34.

I tried to change the absolute minimum in my patch but looks like I got it wrong.
Fortunately Gunter corrected my patch.

> To meet the boost guideline I place a copyright and licence comment at the
> head. Since not everyone likes there name on public code I have given myself
> as the copyright owner. If you want me to corrently assign the copyright to
> you please say so and I will commit a change!
>
> Similar I normaly attribute people in the CVS commit log. Please say if you do
> not want this.

I don't have a problem if my name is visible through ublas or cvs commit logs,
although I believe this is a minor contribution to worth a copyright entry.

    .bill