Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Jeffrey Brent McBeth (mcbeth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 12:21:30

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 05:12:29PM -0000, John Maddock wrote:
> Luis M. de la Cruz Salas wrote:
> >> Are you using -NDEBUG in your C++ compilation?.
>
> In addition to that, Matlab and other programs like it are highly optimised
> for vector/matrix operations, they'll use a processor-specific library as a
> backend to speed up these operations using your processor's native
> vectorised-math operations. I believe there are some bindings somewhere (in
> the sandbox maybe?) that allow you to use Ublas with an optimised BLAS
> backend, but if your compiler's optimiser supports it, you could also try
> turning on automatic optimisation of vectorisable operations (Intel C++
> supports this for example).

I would actually be disappointed if a program called "Matrix Laboratory"
wasn't fast at matrix operations :) There are definitely bindings in the
sandbox. We use the LAPACK bindings with Intel's implementation in our work.

Jeff

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain