Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michele De Stefano (micdestefano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-14 02:37:31

I answer points 1 and 2. For what regards point 3, I have to say that I've
never used the scalar matrix ... may be someone else can answer.

1) In uBLAS, as in any other matrix computational libray, there is no
function to perform the inverse explicitly. If you need the inverse to solve
a system, you must exploit numerical solvers (LU decomposition, for
example). There are some LAPACK bindings around ... I don't remember where
to download them ... try the "Effective uBLAS" link.

2) norm_1 performs the computation of the L1 norm of a vector, not simply
the sum of its elements. The L1 norm, by definition, is exactly the sum of
absolute values (see Wikipedia or MathWorld).

Michele