Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] [bindings] Lapack generator
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-07 11:58:31

Guys,

The lapack generator code is nearing its completion. I've put a more
exhaustive overview of files in a zip-file at
http://www.terborg.net/lapack_bindings.zip. It's contents are

 * lapack_parser.py: the parser script
 * output.txt: example output generated by the parser script
 * lapack_names.h, lapack.h, bindings, computational: generated code
(computational is not all)

Most notable changes:
 * moved overloaded functions back to the detail namespace to be more
consistent with the other bindings
 * added function templates
 * much improved formula parser (see, e.g., the workspace size asserts for
gesvd)
 * subdirectories containing the driver, computational, or auxiliary
routines (due to large number of files)

TODO:
 * Finalize the "best guess" for the minimal workspace sizes. Enable
user-defined code for minimal workspace sizes
 * Check for correctness
 * Actually compile some of the bindings :-)
 * Improve support for banded matrices

All your bugreports (incorrectly generated code/asserts/etc.), comments,
questions, ideas, etc. are very welcome! I will start a discussion around
the proposal for a more abstract lapack interface in a new thread.

Cheers,

Rutger