Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Lapack generator - update
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 09:55:06

First of all, thanks for all your feedback regarding the bindings for
LAPACK.

I've put today's snapshot of the bindings in a zipfile at
http://www.terborg.net/bindings_20090116.zip.

It was quite a step from code generation to compiling, and it's my pleasure
to announce that about 100 computational bindings and 20 driver bindings
pass compiler inspection. See below for a list of these.

What's new?

 * traits/is_real.hpp
 * traits/is_complex.hpp
 * dozens of bugfixes and improvements to the parser and numerous templates

What's still left to do?

 * I could really use your help with some tedious code replication needed
for workspace size determination. It's a matter of template creation, see
examples at templates.d/*/*.hpp. Feel free to send your templates to my
mail address.
 * Allowing to define "virtual" variables through the templates, such as
MINMN. But, feel free to go ahead and use virtual variables until that
happens, see, e.g., the template for gesvd.hpp which is probably a good
example of re-using (or not re-using) minmn.
 * Letting the test_case.cpp template actually hold some code (e.g., ublas
containers) to check whether it really compiles.
 * Audit the templates in templates.d/*/*.hpp written by me for mistakes
w.r.t. the fortran code.

Looking forward to your feedback,
Cheers,

Rutger