Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Adding new class using template expression
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 08:29:14

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:25 AM, kayhman <kayhman_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I'd like to add some new classes (that do not inherit from matrix and
> vector - in fact this will be elements of some lie groups algebras), and I
> want to use the template expression pattern.
>
> Is it possible to do that easily ? Can I reuse a part of
> expression_type.cpp, i.e. ublas_expression ? Can you provide a simple
> example ?

If there is not a huge connection to ublas other than the use of expression
templates, you might want to consider using boost::proto. I haven't used
it, but it has good examples and I believe it is intended as a generic
expression template/EDSL library. And there is some discussion a while back
of a vector class:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080326.155523.eb5b6d6e.el.html