Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] beginners question
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 04:41:47

Hi everybody,

I was wondering where I could find some documentation about the new traits
system and what it brings compared to previous versions (<= 1.40).
Does it mean for example that I can have a vector<bool> (ublas:: or std::)
and index a matrix with something like my_matrix(my_boolean_vector,
range(0,my_matrix.size2()) ?
OK, I'm kidding but the real question is similar: does the new traits system
allow to manipulate, it's my Holy Grail, matrices like I do in matlab ?
Being able to address a matrix with vectors, matrices, the famous ':'
operator, etc...
Any pointer to a documentation would be most appreciated.

Thanks for making this great library.
Best Regards,
David

--