Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] New uBLAS maintainer
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 04:33:21

Jesse Perla wrote:

> 8) Adaptors for multi-array
> This comes up frequently where people want to take a 1 or 2D slice of a
> multi_array and performance boost operations on it. I have had to copy
> data to ublas structures myself, and here was another post recently
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20100115.085831.26a2457c.en.html

Jesse,

I've been looking into supporting Multi_Array in the bindings, too. So far,
to me, it's the only known container which has a run-time-determined data-
order. The bindings, like all supported containers so far, assume a compile-
time-determined data-order. I'll need to go through some of the internals to
see how it can be fitted in. I guess it can, and I actually like the case:
it is another test for the versatility of the new traits system.

Cheers,

Rutger