Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] first feedback
From: Kim Kuen Tang (kuentang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 04:41:43

David Bellot schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> thanks a lot for your feedback on the future of ublas.
How about using boost::proto to (re)write the expression template part
of ublas?
Since boost::proto is a framework for building dsel it becomes only
natural to take this into consideration.

The motivation of this library can be found here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/doc/html/proto.html#boost_proto.preface.motivation

There are also some disadvantages. You need to be familiar with this
library and the resulting learning curve can be high ( you also need to
use boost::fusion, boost::mpl, boost::preprocessor,...).
Even that it is worth giving boost::proto a try.

Cheers,
Kim