Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] lapack bindings - linker errors in windows but not linux
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 12:40:39

Peter Man wrote:
> Or would this be better suited to asking Dr Whaley?

This could explain your misunderstanding. So you have only installed atlas, and only link against the libraries provided by atlas. So you were right, you probably have exactly the same problem/misunderstanding as the poster of " msg#00005".

The simple answer is that atlas provides a complete blas implementation, but only a partial lapack implementation.

Installing a complete lapack implementation is not difficult either. As long as you just work under cygwin, you can probably even find a cygwin package for it, but also building from source with gfortran is easy. For MSVC, you could use ACML or MKL or build the clapack package with cmake and MSVC. The cygwin version doesn't work for me with MSVC (but it links...), and I haven't found time yet to try whether compiling with MinGW instead of cygwin works better.

Regards,
Thomas