Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Performance woes affecting ublas
From: Rui Maciel (rui.maciel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 18:51:59

Riccardo Rossi wrote:
> Hi Rui,
> this is just to say that we have a pretty large finite element
> code heavily based on ublas ... and that in our benchmarks it is
> competitive to fortran based implementations.
>
> although i am pretty sure that for small dense matrices other libraries
> are far more efficient, i am pretty sure that this performance penalty
> does not sussist for large sparse matrices.

Is it possible to provide an example where ublas offers a reasonable efficiency
at solving systems of linear equations based on sparse matrices? It would be
great if it was possible to access this sort of info as the documentation
doesn't cover this subject and is a bit lacking in these sort of details.

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel