Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Performance woes affecting ublas
From: Rui Maciel (rui.maciel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 19:00:51

Andrea Cassioli wrote:
> Hi Rui,
> I must agree with you about the lack of performance of uBlas also for
> small sparse matrices. I have experienced similar problems in
> performing simple matrix-vector products, but in my case I could
> rewrite my code to explictly perform the computation.
>
> The timing you claim are indeed impressive, but I more fair comparison
> should be done using uBlas in the proper way (something small
> differences in coding result in great saving of time), but I do agree
> that the documentation is an actual problem for the uBlas community.

Yes, I agree that it would be better if it was possible to perform some
benchmarks that could fairly and objectively compare this stuff. Yet, as I see
it, the main problem is that, even if ublas didn't crawled when compared to
other packages, the documentation as it stands makes it a bit hard, if not
practically impossible, to be able to write code that runs as it should.

Rui Maciel