Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] lapack::lange: where is the computed norm?
From: Marco Guazzone (marco.guazzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-23 04:29:52

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Karl Meerbergen
<Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A more fundamental question is, when we would like to use LAPACK norm
> functions. Are they more efficient than c++ codes?
> For BLAS-1 functions, e.g., there is no advantage (at least in my
> experience), and the c++ (ublas, mtl, eigen, glas,...) are easier to use.

Hi,

I admit I don't performed any test about performance and/or numerical
stability between LAPACK and other third-party libs.

However, I think that having it implemented would be a good added
value to this library for 2 reasons:
* It would be a full LAPACK binding lib
* It would help to write norm function for lib not yet supported and
that possibly does not provide a such function.

Cheers

-- Marco