Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] todo list
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-26 10:10:51

David Bellot <david.bellot <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I put things like sum(...) and others functions in the section on algorithms.
> Indeed, we need more of them.So we have

On the reductions and basic algorithms, Kian Ming sent some code a while back
that we could be adapted. See:
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2009/08/3615.php

I took a look and some of it is integrated with his code for choosing when to
use the bindings, but this could be modified.

Also, anytime that ublas has its own version of an algorithm, perhaps we
should think through how you might use the same interface to call the
binding implementation? I think that kian ming's implementation might give
one approach to this. A while back there was discussion of turning the soup
of LAPACK calls into an interface that chooses the right algorithm based on the
matrix traits, and it would be great if the interface for this was the same.