Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] ublas double precision issues
From: Ungermann, Jörn (j.ungermann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 05:21:38

Dear Umut,

are you using double or similar as underlying type? inner_prod uses by
default the value_type of the supplied vectors. Should you use some float
type of less precision, you might try inner_prod_prec, which I found in the
source code, but which I haven't used, yet.

We use mostly double, as we esteem precision higher than performance. We
also use the numeric bindings to use the ATLAS dot product instead of the
ublas one (mostly for dense-matrix vector operations, though).

Regards,
Jörn