Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] ublas double precision issues
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 06:44:10

On 06/16/2011 11:21 AM, Ungermann, Jörn wrote:
> Dear Umut,
>
> are you using double or similar as underlying type? inner_prod uses by
> default the value_type of the supplied vectors. Should you use some float
> type of less precision, you might try inner_prod_prec, which I found in the
> source code, but which I haven't used, yet.
>
> We use mostly double, as we esteem precision higher than performance. We
> also use the numeric bindings to use the ATLAS dot product instead of the
> ublas one (mostly for dense-matrix vector operations, though).
>
> Regards,
> Jörn

Hi Jorn,
Thanks for the kind reply, indeed I used double for these operations,
the results are still a bit different, that is floating point, but on
the same order and differences are lower now, thanks for pointing out
the bindings I can use them for the inner products perhaps, that could
be a good idea.
Best,
Umut