Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] disabling the matrix expressions form sparse matrices
From: petros (pmamales_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-10 23:30:33

Hi Naso,
Thx for responding.
I am looking into the compressed_matrix. I have resorted to some hackery
where –by hand- defined the type to not derive from the matrix_container
-extending this to the constructors, of course. And it works OK – there is a lot
of useful code there.
Now, given that the ublas matrix operations are not really optimized for performance
-although a lot of very good work is in place there - it is a bandage I am willing to live with.
I thought of deriving privately, but then it was too much work with the iterators and all.
The interesting thing is that, when I did it for matrix (actually had to hold a matrix and derive from
a matrix range for leading dimension requirement reasons) I had to explicitly derive from matrix_container
(vs2010, win7).
Hence I was hoping..
Thx again – especially on a Sat evening,
Petros

ps: I would like to point out that, no info exists in the compressed_matrix for whether this is, for example,. the upper triangular part
of a symmetric/hermitian matrix. This makes it, unavoidably, to be used primarily for storage and element insertion/access,
but not ready to be used for apps. I can imagine that probably this can be accommodated w/adaptors, but I think this ties ublas inwards
too much for broader use.
Just an opinion..