Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [BLAS bindings] help appreciated on using trmv and gbmv
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-07 16:25:55

On 2012-10-07 21:22, Florent Teichteil wrote:

> I'm actually using ATLAS as a backend, so I don't understand why I get
> the correct result with column_major but not with row_major (for the
> first test case, since all other tests, either with transposed
> triangular matrices or with banded matrices, give wrong results
> anyway).
>
> Do you observe the same thing on your computer with the code given in
> my post? (replace M(i,j) == std::rand with M(i,j) = std::rand , and dM
> with M, they were copy/paste errors).
>
> Cheers
> Florent

Hello Florent,

I'm not able to reproduce your column_major / row_major differences.

Please find attached your first test case. I get identical results for
both row_major and column_major. And, indeed, those results are also
identical to a ublas::prod(). g++ 4.7.2, ATLAS 3.8.4.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Rutger