Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Fwd: [GSOC2015] uBLAS Matrix Solver Project
From: Rajaditya Mukherjee (rajaditya.mukherjee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-09 14:56:53

HI Nasos,

Thanks for your inputs and your valuable suggestions regarding the style. I
have a few comments :

1) As a library which chooses to emulate BLAS and LAPACK fortran style libs
with a header only format, I plan to emulate the API functionality of the
existing implementations of lu solver.

2) I am not so sure about the parallel implementations. I think as per a
previous suggestion, it will be more useful to apply bindings to
High-Performance BLAS implementations like Intel-MKL which has platform
specific parallelism optimized for the architecture. They will be faster
than generic C++ std::threads implementations.

3) I plan to focus for now on the dense implementations for a matured
eigensolver class. Sparse EigenSolvers are almost completely monopolized by
ARPACK and it can be added as a optional time-available module.(Though I
agree that it will be extremely useful specially for subspace FEA)

*Rajaditya Mukherjee *
*3rd Year Graduate Student*
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
Tel :- +1-(614)-271-4439
email :- rajaditya.mukherjee_at_[hidden] <mukherjee.62_at_[hidden]>,
raj_at_[hidden] <mukherjr_at_[hidden]>