From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-20 18:07:03

At 06:03 PM 1/20/2001 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

>I don't understand the way the documentation in config.hpp is structured.

>It
>seems to be divided into two sections: "Conformance Flag Macros" and
>"Compiler Control or Information Macros". I don't really know why a
>"conformance flag" is not "compiler information". The second section
seems
>to contain lots of switches that describe features of the
implementation's
>standard library, but some of those also occur in the first section. Can
>somebody clear up the rhyme/reason here?

Originally I intended Conformance Flag Macros to deal with compiler or
standard library conformance to the C++ Standard only, and Compiler Control
or Information Macros to deal with the few things like BOOST_DECL which are
unrelated to the standard. But the distinction apparently wasn't clear
enough, since it clearly hasn't been observed, even by me.

I guess we should eliminate the distinction and order the docs
alphabetically.

--Beman