From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-20 18:16:16

At 06:14 PM 1/20/2001 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

>I've been using Jens' new regression testing program, and it's truly
great!

Yes, it really is great, isn't it!

>2. Programs which fail at runtime typically give me no feedback about why
>they've failed, and I don't know how to get a test to run under the
>debugger.

Part of the solution for this one is for Boost to have a test protocol for
how the tests report errors. I've started work again on some test tools,
and they should help as they become available. I'm hoping for some
progress in the next few days.

That addresses the feedback part of your concern. Maybe Jens can address
the debugging part, perhaps by adding an evoke-debugger rule to the
compiler configuration file.

--Beman