From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 08:37:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Killingsworth" <kk71878_at_[hidden]>

> Greetings,
>
> I've got a project in which I want to embed a python interpreter in
(done,
> functional), and also extend the python interpreter with the program's
own
> C++ datamodel (partially done, functional). The problem is, I can't
get it
> to work in the middle. What I mean is, if I load a python interpreter
from
> the command line, and import my Boost:Python-created library, it
works. And
> I can successfully load the Python interpreter from within my program,
but
> if I try to import the Boost:Python-created library from within the
embedded
> interpreter, it fails an assert on !find_class(class_name) in the
python
> libs.
>
> Is there some example code for what I'm trying to do? What am I
missing?

Hi Kevin,

I don't know of any such examples, but I also can't find the string
"find_class" anywhere in the source code for Boost.Python v1 -or- v2, so
it's pretty hard to imagine what this has to do with Boost.Python.

There is a find_class in the cPickle module of the Python-2.2 sources,
but I don't see any assertions there

-Dave