From: dmoore99atwork (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 08:43:37

--- In boost_at_y..., "Mickael Pointier" <mpointie_at_e...> wrote:
> > > As I know,we cannnot use starndand container class in win32 DLL
(),
> > > such as vector, list, string.
> >
> > I dispute the premise: I do it all the time.
>
> From my own experience, it works fine while you have only one
application
> using the DLL. When I get more than one using it, I had various
crashes
> and weird allocation problems.
>
> Mickael Pointier

I'll assume you're using the STL that shipped with VC6.0... Many STL
implementations (STLPort) are quite well behaved in .DLLs...

Have you seen the patches available from the author at
http://www.dinkumware.com/vc_fixes.html ?

It seems that they couldn't be incorporated into the VC6 service
packs due to some legal issue, but the fix to <xtree> in particular
deals with DLL issues and map, set, etc.

Hope this helps,
Dave