From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-07 11:02:09

From: "Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_[hidden]>
> Hi,
>
> I just ugraded to boost 1.27.0... (I use boost heavily at production code
so
> I need to upgrade carefully)
>
> As I reported before, Borland cannot create a precompiled headers if
static
> data is contained in the header to precompile.
>
> There are at least two boost libraries which declares static data: tuples
> and bind.
>
> I noticed that these "problems" remain in release 1.27.0.
>
> I also noticed that the bind placeholders have changed in the new version,
> but the change doesn't solve the Borland problem.

The solution I had in mind for the Borland precompiled header problem is:

* #define BOOST_BIND_NO_PLACEHOLDERS;
* boost/bind.hpp can now go into the precompiled header;
* after the #pragma hdrstop, #include <boost/bind/placeholders.hpp>.

Does it work in your case? I'll update the documentation for the next
release.