From: Darryl Green (green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-12 19:35:03

> I have been working with multithread software designs for nearly 10
> years now in embedded real-time telecom equipment. I have seen
> neither the need nor the use for the LIFO case, but maybe someone else
> has.
I think a thread pool would want to use LIFO - it would seem reasonable to
expect that the dispatch of making a more recently run thread ready would be
faster than a less recently run one (it would be unlikely to be slower in
any case). I can't think of any other reason (off hand) for wanting LIFO. I
must admit that I have never explicitly requested LIFO.