From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-01 13:53:31

[big snips]

| Actually, the one I'm working on ...

This is all very interesting (hoping to encourage you by indicating that someone
is listening and valuing this work:-).

| With this, you may use appropriate prefixes, e.g. "k", for "km", above, etc.
| The value stored is still stored the same way, though; the prefix only
| matters for initialisation, and reading the value for output.

It would be even nicer if input could be handled similarly, so we can ask the
user to input length, and correctly decode replies like 1.23 km, or 1.23 um, or
even 1.23 inch, 1.23 yard for example.

(I have done this for another system focussing on conversion and it is very
user-friendly).

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]