From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-11 23:41:14

Michael van der Westhuizen writes:
> I've applied and compiled these changes on:
>
> [michael_at_heresy michael]$ sw_vers ; gcc -v
> ProductName: Mac OS X
> ProductVersion: 10.3.7
> BuildVersion: 7S215
> Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/specs
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1671)
>
> All seems to be well, but for some reason the test library doesn't want
> to build on this machine, so I can't provide regression results.

I've been working on running the test suites on OS X in release mode
for a week or so now. Michael, have you tried? Can you give me a
sanity check? This is after patching the two basic_xml_grammar files
and the darwin toolset file.

There are several different classes of problems, that I can see. I
forget which files suffer from which problems at the moment.

- a number of tests that excite the same or a similar compiler bug as
basic_xml_grammar.ipp did, the compile never finishes, while the
compiler leaks memory.

- a number that compile, but hang when run.

and then there are some tests that just fail, but they're not a
concern until I can see the test suites run to completion. But at
least now I can submit a list of tests that one can comment out:

gregorian/testdate.cpp
gregorian/testdate_duration.cpp
gregorian/testperiod.cpp
gregorian/testdate_iterator.cpp
gregorian/testfacet.cpp
gregorian/testformatters.cpp
gregorian/testgenerators.cpp
gregorian/testgreg_cal.cpp
gregorian/testgreg_day.cpp
gregorian/testgreg_month.cpp
gregorian/testgreg_year.cpp
dyn_bitset_unit_tests3.cpp
libs/filesystem/test/path_test.cpp
libs/filesystem/test/operations_test.cpp
../../utility/iterator_adaptor_examples.cpp
../../utility/counting_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/filter_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/fun_out_iter_example.cpp
../../utility/indirect_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/projection_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/reverse_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/transform_iterator_example.cpp
../../utility/iterator_traits_test.cpp
filter_iterator_test.cpp
test_serialization_main.cpp
$(spirit-src)distinct_tests.cpp

in some cases (like gregorian) I commented out an entire block after
several of them caused the run to hang, assuming the problem was in
some common header file: this list comes from going through my "cvs
diff" to see what I'd done.

If I can submit the results of these runs, just let me know to whom
and exactly what. I notice the regression results on metacomm are a
little old and don't seem to match my results.

troy d. straszheim