From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 21:26:01

Jason Hise wrote:
> Is there a specific formal way that I should be writing test programs
> for the singleton library? I was initially planning on just writing
> program results to a file and providing a second file containing
> expected output. However, because I am relatively new to boost I
> thought that there might be some bigger testing framework that I need to
> use. Is there?

Boost.Test is the preferred/common thing thing to use.

> Additionally, I don't quite understand what bjam is, but everything
> seems to use it.

That would be the program that interprets the Boost.Build files (Jamfile) :-)

> Should I be using it as well, or does it only apply to
> libraries that need to be compiled? Singleton uses only header files.

If your are writing tests, which will be compiled, you have to use it as it's
how we run the regression tests.

> Thanks in advance for all replies.

If you need help with setting up Jamfiles we have a separate mail list for
Boost.Build.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything