From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 12:14:17

On Apr 2, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> - boost-sandbox: This is where most development goes on. This
>> directory will live on to become "the sandbox" in the Boost
>> Subversion repository.
>>
>> - database: This appears to be some work toward a database
>> library. I plan to move its contents into boost-sandbox/libs/
>> database.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to mandate a particular layout for sandbox
> projects ? I have added an 'xml' directory / project to the toplevel
> boost-sandbox directory, but I also see other projects spread across
> boost-sandbox/boost/, boost-sandbox/libs/, etc., i.e. without a single
> entry point.

I assumed that the sandbox structure should mirror that of the
standard Boost repository.

> I believe the single-entry-point layout is advantageous for a number
> of reasons. But I don't have a very strong opinion, as long as things
> are consistent. :-)

Yes, it probably would be advantageous to have a single-entry-point
layout, but we haven't found a good way to do it. svn:externals was
one potential approach, but they aren't quite powerful enough to do
what we need.

For now, I suggest we keep the sandbox organization as-is, and
consistent with the main Boost repository. They'll both end up living
in the same Subversion repository in the end, which should simplify
things considerably.

   Cheers,
   Doug