From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-15 07:37:48

Marco wrote:

[...]
> However I think that Neal wants to start with something like a vector<
> vector<int> > and I didn't succeed in guessing if your library can manage
> it.

What I am looking for is:

* A generalization of range to multi-dim (starting with, at minimum, 2d)

* What makes range useful? The ability to generically traverse containers,
accessing (ro/rw) the elements.

The example I gave has an interface that looks like vector<vector>>, but
that is a result of thinking about how I would like a generalization of
range traversal to look.

I didn't state it, but I imagine the 2d range would also support traversal
by columns, and maybe other types of traversal. The row/col example was
just an example (but a common one).

Of course, not all 2d ranges would support all kinds of traversal.