From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-02 17:52:44

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>
>>> Yes, understood. With NIH I'm not referring to BoostBook, but to QuickBook,
>>> which is neither an extension to DocBook, nor ReST. Thus, no existing
>>> parser will work with it, no existing documentation will help, and no
>>> existing community can answer questions and help resolve issues.
>> I don't understand what you mean by "no existing". There is
>> an existing parser, there is an existing documentation and
>> there is an existing community. It just so happens that it
>> is within the boost community.
>
> Sorry for not phrasing it more carefully. Yes, I'v used "no existing"
> as "only exists within the bounds of boost".

And that makes it NIH? Boost is a large community. If you've seen the
quickbook threads in the Boost.Docs list, it might give you a hint
on how much it is being used now, after many years of deployment.
I'd venture a guess that if we've gone public, it would be much
larger than that. But then again, I'm sure you'll agree that the
size of the user base does not define its being NIH or not. And
its existence within Boost only does not too.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com